Not all people are familiar and aware about the warning signs of having emotional or mental health issues and problems.
For those people who want to know and learn about the warning signs of having emotional and mental health issues and problems, just check this out:
- Inability to execute daily activities and tasks such as getting to school or work and taking care of your family and kids.
- Thinking of harming other people and yourself
- Believing things or hearing voices that are not real
- Having persistent memories and thoughts that you can’t easily get out of your mind
- Experiencing mood swings that can cause major problems in your relationships
- Fighting and yelling with friends and family
- Feeling unusually scared, worried, upset, angry, forgetful and confused
- Using drugs, drinking and smoking
- Feeling hopeless and helpless
- Having unexplained pains and aches
- Feeling numb
- Having no energy
- Pulling away from your usual activities and people
- Sleeping and eating too little or too much
Mental Wellness and Health
- According to studies, positive and good mental health allows you to:
- Make evocative contributions to your community
- Work productively
- Cope with pressure and stress in life
- Realize your full potential
Effective Ways to Build and Maintain Positive and Better Mental Health
- Get accurate hours of sleep
- Developing your coping skills
- Helping other people
- Getting physically fit and active
- Staying positive
- Connecting with other people
- Getting professional guidance, advice and help especially if your need it
It is a fact that emotional and mental health issues and problems are quite common in different parts of the world. According to researches, many American adults experience mental health problems. In addition to this, young people also experience major depression and some Americans live with serious mental problem that includes depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
Emotional or mental health usually refers to your overall psychological being. It also includes your ability to manage your emotions and feelings, build relationships, develop the way you look and feel about yourself and most importantly how you can deal with extreme difficulties. Mental health is not just about the absence of mental health issues and problems.
Being emotionally and mentally healthy is more than being free of psychological issues, anxiety and depression. The absence of emotional and mental health commonly refers to the presence of excellent characteristics. There are some people who don’t have negative emotions and feelings however they still need to do things that will make them feel good and positive to help them get a hold on their emotional and mental health.
Individuals who are emotionally and mentally healthy have the following:
- High self esteem and self confidence
- They have the ability to maintain and build fulfilling relationships
- They have a balance between their play, work, activity, rest and a lot more
- They have the flexibility to know and learn new things and at the same time they can easily adapt it to change
- They have a great sense of purpose and meaning in their relationships and activities
- They have the ability to easily and effectively deal with life challenges and stress and bounce back from adversity They have the ability to have fun and laugh as well as they have zest for living
- People who are emotionally and mentally healthy have a great sense of tranquility and contentment.
The positive characteristics of emotional and mental health will allow you to easily participate in all the latest happenings in your life by having strong relationships, meaningful activities and being productive every single day. The effective and positive characteristics of emotional and mental health will greatly help you to quickly cope with life stresses, trials and challenges.